Herschel Extragalactic Legacy Project annual workshop, exploring the key scientific questions that can be addressed by the Herschel surveys.
9th-13th October 2017
Bramber House Conference Centre
University of Sussex
This workshop will explore the key scientific questions that can be addressed by these surveys.
- The evolution of galaxy populations and their primary components (gas, stars, dust and active nuclei)
- The influence of the internal and external environment on the evolution of the systems
- Exotica (extreme starbursts, lensed galaxies, high-z radio galaxies)
- Building the tools to handle (evolving) multiwavelength data (SED models, deconvolution & multi-wavelength catalogs)
- Building the next generation panchromatic survey (larger area, new instruments)
The intention will be to have a meeting format that is conducive to discussion and practical interaction.